A new year always brings new hopes and dreams. It's a chance to pause, reflect and plan – and perhaps change the way we do things. To see things differently or from someone else's perspective. For me, I need to complete projects started last year which is both frustrating and exciting, as I get closer to ticking that box DONE. This year will see more events taking place at Fifth Ave Katoomba Retreat with a focus on local tourism and community. We are looking forward to taking part in the Blue Mountains Festival Equinox - Autumn Celebration of the Senses. And the Edible Garden Trail once dates are announced. So take a look at what's in store and join us in 2023.
• A taste of Italy in Katoomba Equinox Festival March 12 and 19 Sometimes you just want good old-fashioned home-cooked food that will tantalise your taste buds and comfort your soul. Autumn is nature's way of showing us how to slow down and appreciate the good things in life. What better way than with authentic Italian food? Beautifully presented, so flavoursome and fresh you will not be disappointed. Read more
• Foraging for Mushrooms April - May Join our Mushroom Foraging day trip where we visit the nearby state forest under the expert guidance of my mother who has a lifetime experience of gathering mushrooms on her parents’ property, pickling and cooking them. Learn what is safe to pick; how to prepare, store and cook mushrooms; enjoy some of our traditional and delicious freshly made foods. Register your interest and preferred dates.
Italian Cooking Classes • Book 3 for 4 The most common response to all our classes, once experienced, is that you can't wait to come back. So this year, why not book into three of your favourite classes that you've had your eye on? We'll give you the fourth class for only $50.00. All classes include a sit-down meal, wine, coffee and dessert. Now that's value!! You may choose to gift any of these classes to someone special. Book
• Children's Cooking Classes and Parties
Our Italian cooking classes are loved by kids because they get individual attention. The small class size means everyone learns at their own pace, asking as many questions as they want in an informal friendly environment. These classes encourage creativity, focus, attention to detail, tactile learning and social skills. Why not book in as a family? Or for something out of the ordinary book for your child's next birthday party. Take a peek at some of our current classes and check in with us via email or Instagram for updates. Classes
• Cooking Class Weekend Experiences Combine one of our classes with another great Blue Mountains experience! From bushwalking to spa days, browsing through antique stores or visiting the wineries. That's just the tip of the iceberg so email us for more suggestions and help with your itinerary. We have accommodation and class packages to make a weekend of it. Click on the link and scroll through for more options. Packages
Gourmet Products & Vouchers
• Handmade pasta soft and silky in texture, and comes in elegant gift packs. Choose from Fettuccine, Maltagliata, Pappardelle or Mafaldine. Made from plain flour, semolina and water only – NO egg. Suitable for vegans or those with egg intolerances. Perfect for a quick meal when you want good quality over fast food. Available to order direct from us or buy from Fish and Fowl Katoomba and Blue Mountains Food Coop. Click on the link and scroll through for more options. Buy here • Olive tapenade – so delectable that we advise buying two jars at a time. Made from our 40-year-old olive trees and with all natural ingredients. No added salt, no sugar, nothing artificial and no substitutes. Available to order direct from us or buy from Dryridge Estate Megalong Valley. Buy here • Chilli oil uses top-quality olive oil and dried chillies and/or chilli flakes we grow without pesticides. Heat intensity varies and is perfect to drizzle over pasta, pizza or anything really. Comes in round chilli jars or square bottles. Available to order direct from us. Buy here
• Gift Cards Buy someone special a gift voucher to one of our Italian Cooking Classes. We will mail it to you or direct to the recipient. All they need to do is let us know which class and date they want. Classes
Stuck for ideas on what to get someone special? The perfect gift for all occasions or any time of the year is our Accommodation Gift Vouchers. At only $300.00 our Gift Vouchers may be used towards accommodation at Fifth Ave Katoomba Retreat. No expiry. Contact us for any questions you have.
It’s all about experiencing the Italian laid-back way of life, enjoying good food and great company. We look forward to welcoming you soon at Fifth Ave Katoomba Retreat ...