• A taste of Italy in Katoomba Equinox Festival March 12 and 19 We had a blast presenting this experience to those who attended! Two fabulous Sundays with two terrific groups of people from Sydney and the Blue Mountains. Many came via Word of Mouth (you can't beat it), and some came across our ad in Visit the Blue Mtns magazine. Check out a photo summary of this event. Gallery
• Easter Accommodation April 6 to 11 Why not book four fabulous days at Fifth Ave Katoomba Retreat, the perfect base from which to explore the quaint nearby villages? Venture beyond Leura to Blackheath, Medlow Bath, Little Hartley and Mt Victoria, all within a 30-minute drive. Return via the Bells Line of Road and try your hand at apple picking, something the kids may like more than they will admit. Our place sleeps up to 8, is big enough for everyone to spread out and is fully self-contained. With a lookout onto the Blue Mtns National Reserve, you may want to stay longer ... Book Accommodation
• Biscuit Making Class April 12 Making biscuits in our hands-on class is lots of fun! Your children will learn how to measure out ingredients; make the biscuit dough; twist it into our traditional shapes; and see the results of their work. An adult or older sibling may participate with the child. Enjoy a digital free day in a small class size, with lunch included. Read more
• School Holiday Accommodation April 13-24 Autumn in the Blue Mountains is a beautiful time of year to book a short family vacation. Cooler days mean bush walks, enjoying wide-open vistas, eating out and generally spending time together without schedules and diaries – think lazy morning sleep-ins followed by pancakes for brunch for example. And what about star gazing where the night sky is not clouded by suburban lights? All you need do is step out onto our deck and look up! Or book a guided tour with Blue Mtns Stargazing. Book Accommodation
• Foraging for Mushrooms April 29 Join our Mushroom Foraging day trip where we visit the nearby state forest under the expert guidance of my mother who has a lifetime of experience in gathering mushrooms, pickling and cooking them. She will share her knowledge with you in the tranquil setting of the forest – something everyone should experience.
• Ultra Trail Australia May 11-14 Katoomba comes alive for this world-renowned run, with thousands of runners, spectators and support crew. The largest trail run in the southern hemisphere and second largest globally, we are proud to say we've been hosting runners every year it has been held. It gets booked out months in advance, and our guests this year made sure to book accommodation with us two years running (no pun intended). If you want to cheer them on, check out the link. Read more
So, how will you be spending the cooler Autumn days ahead? Hopefully in the beautiful fresh outdoors enjoying all that Nature provides, most of it free of charge! If you can't quite commit but need a prompt, buy yourself a Gift Card. Better still, buy two and take someone with you :) Buy here
It’s all about experiencing the Italian laid-back way of life, enjoying good food and great company. We look forward to welcoming you soon at Fifth Ave Katoomba Retreat ...