Sun, 21 Aug|
Join us for a beautiful taste of Italy in the Blue Mountains and a hint of La Dolce Vita with Ferragosto – the traditional start of the summer holidays for Italians. Those Italians know how to live! This year, we bring some of that feeling to you at Fifth Ave Katoomba Retreat.
Time & Location
21 Aug 2022, 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Katoomba, 10 Fifth Ave, Katoomba NSW 2780, Australia
About the Event
Experience a touch of La Dolce Vita without having to pack your suitcase!
Where do Italians go to escape the heat of the cities? If you said the beach, you'd be right. They also escape to the cool mountains and the lush countryside where they look forward to celebrating time out with good friends, excellent food and a cool aperativo – it's Ferragosto of course!
Ferragosto is the traditional start of the summer holidays for Italians, where they close their shops and take time off work, often for the entire month of August. Those Italians know how to live! This year, we bring some of that feeling to you at Fifth Ave Katoomba Retreat.
Our lunch will give you a taste of what Italians enjoy during this festival, and will include:
• aperativo and canapes to start with
• platters of fresh fruits emulating the colours of summer
• platters of antipasto ranging from proscuitto crudo, baby peppers stuffed with cream cheese, olives and more
• traditionally cooked chicken and caponata served on a large share platter
• red and white wine, sparkling water, Italian carbonated drinks
• a light refreshing dessert to end the delicious experience.
Join us for a beautiful taste of Italy in the Blue Mountains ...